Software Engineer - Latin America
Nubank’s mission is to fight complexity and empower people. We believe building great products to help people spend, save, and manage their money is core to this mission. Our product managers work in a highly collaborative environment with creative engineers, designers, analysts, and data scientists (supported by an incredible operations team) to build these products. We are embedded in teams, with an intense focus on increasing decision velocity and quality to increase the value our products can have for our customers. We use data and judgment to make decisions and are comfortable taking a stand and moving forward when we do not have all the answers.
We are committed to fostering an international culture at Nubank, in our offices in São Paulo and Berlin and we are currently looking for talents throughout Latin America. The application for this position does not require immediately relocation, and we will consider both the team and your personal moment. All details will be discussed during the hiring process.
Nubank is a technology company and software engineers form the bulk of our team. We are a group of extremely passionate software engineers, with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds responsible for improving our customers experience with the app and creating new features.
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality products.
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions in order to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is growing rapidly, and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Find new techniques and technologies, multiplying efficiency through tools and libraries;
- Balance new processes while staying agile;
- Learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities;
- Sustainably scale diverse teams.
How we work
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable micro-services written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture.
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka;
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS;
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB;
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus;
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes.
We are a very process-light organisation that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success, and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)