Principal Mobile Continuous Deployment Engineer
We are looking for an experienced engineer to be the technical principal for our Mobile Platform Team.
This team is responsible for fostering a Continuous Deployment culture at Nubank. They create and maintain shared tooling and pipelines that enable all other Nubank engineers that are contributing to our mobile apps to build, test and safely release their changes to our customers world wide.
You have a strong quality mindset and care for the overall performance of the services Nubank provides to our clients. You have a passion for supporting and enabling teams to become more productive.
You are constantly learning and teaching new practices and technologies. You continuously improve your craft as you pursue mastery.
Nubank is a mobile first financial services startup leading innovation in the legacy banking system in Brazil. Quickly and safely deploying and releasing changes to our mobile apps is crucial to the company’s success.
What you’ll do
- Act as a technical principal, guiding the team's technical vision, enabling them to make the best decisions while considering tradeoffs and focusing on delighting our customers: other engineers contributing to the apps
- Mentor, coach and teach your team members so they are happy with their personal technical growth
- Work with and own our mobile continuous deployment pipelines
- Automating infrastructure used for mobile app test and releases
- Evolve the build, test and release tooling
- Evolve general developer productivity tooling
- innovate at a high pace to support app development by a team of 50+ contributors and growing
- Become recognized as a technical leader of an autonomous, cross-functional team
You’ll be a good fit if you have a strong...
- Collaborating with teams to drive frequent delivery of valued outcomes
- Several years working as a Mobile Software Engineer having learned and worked with more than one stack from Objective-C and Swift in iOS, Java and Kotlin in Android or hybrid platforms like Xamarin, React Native, Flutter, Kotlin Native, etc...
- Working with other languages such as Ruby, Python and Bash for scripting of continuous integration (CI) build, test, deployment, delivery (CD) and release tooling
- Automating, operating and monitoring production infrastructure in the Cloud
- Strong skill in technical agile practices like pair programming, mob programming, TDD, CI, CD.
- Working with internal customers and understanding their pains and needs (in our case, the customers will teams at Nubank that ship changes to the mobile apps).
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Participation in Nubank’s Stock Option Plan
Diversity at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that more than 30% of Nubank is part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.