Financial Analyst - Treasury/Capital
Nubank is a technology company that has set out to completely rethink financial services in Brazil. We are experiencing tremendous growth ever since its launch in 2014. In order to sustain this success, we are searching for outstanding individuals who are looking to apply their analytical and business skills to help us solve major company challenges.
This is a role responsible for supporting the development of the Finance Team with the following activities, among others: Nubank's funding and capital requirements (regulatory and economic); Management of liquidity and market risk (interest rate and forex); Funding Transfer Pricing (FTP) model and strategy; and cash/investments allocation.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Support the team in identifying and anticipating early indicators and risks that can threaten Nubank’s long-term survival.
- Propose and implement an effective hedge strategy to mitigate corporate financial risks.
- Build proprietary models, datasets and analysis to forecast and explain our liquidity and capital necessity and/or evaluate risk exposures.
- Propose changes in liquidity stress tests and minimum cash policy.
- Support the delivery of regulatory requirements for capital (DLO) and market risk (DRM/DDR) in the most efficient way.
- Help the finance team as a whole to analyze opportunities and influence business decisions to drive Nubank’s long-term profitability.
You will fit in well if:
- You want to be an owner
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You have a rigorous quantitative bent to your work
- You have a burning desire to use data and analysis to change the financial services world
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- A quantitative academic background such as Engineering, Economics, Physics or Math.
- Strong analytical skills and willingness required to manage complex data and build models or analysis to manage capital, market and liquidity risks.
- Programming skills (SQL, Python, R and/or Scala are a plus).
- Ability to adapt to changes in a technology disruptive environment.
- Ideally up-to 5-7 years of work experience.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits (meal allowance and health, dental and life insurance)
- Opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Casual and international environment, cool office and great location